Thursday, October 23, 2008

Here Goes Something!

Once upon a time, I was an avid journal and letter scribe, but since joining the working world and churning out an email each minute, the enthusiasm for writing had waned and the journals now sit on a shelf gathering dust.

A year ago my best friend moved to Ireland and started a blog (visit it here: http://deejkat.blogspot.com/) and I was introduced to the weblog world. Each day I visit the page, hoping for the next hysterical installment. I certainly don't envision anyone searching out my entries with the same obsession but I like the idea of throwing one's thoughts out to the world and seeing what boomerangs back.

So a little bit more about me just in case I lose interest and/or time and don't write again for a while.

I grew up in Babylon Village, Long Island, NY and attended college at Towson University in Maryland. I've been living in the NY metro area since then (Brooklyn and Hudson County, NJ) and working in NYC until starting my home-based event planning company a year and a half ago (www.gingerdonnanevents.com). I love what I do (except maybe at midnight after an 18-hour event day) and feel like I'm living my dream life. I just hope no one pinches me. My friends, family and colleagues/clients are very important to me, and I cherish opportunities to expand the circle, so I invite you to comment on my posts and introduce yourself!

Till then, take care.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Another ray of sunshine has been added to my days!!!!! :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. horraaaaaay! i'm so excited! (and thanks for the plug. lol. i'd better get started on my next hysterical installment...) -D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I look forward to reading funny stories and cackling in my office like a crazed nut! I guess I'll be doing it more now that I get to read your blog in addition to Deidre's.

    Cheers!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY GINGER!! I am so excited about this. As you might have hear from Deidre these blogs are the highlight of my days....yes I know I have no life :-) Great idea doing this can't wait to hear all about what is going on!
    Love ya-
    Meliss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ging! YAY! I'm so happy that you have started a blog. I miss you and I hope all is well. I am a little bit obsessed with my laptop lately so I will definitely mark this as a favorite and keep on checking!
    Miss ya,
    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest blog "follower", admiring your success. So proud of you Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the company, and your blog!

    ReplyDelete